Powered by Blogger.
RSS
No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. - Barbara de Angelis

The Big Mouth

Venue: The Big Mouth 





Few days ago, while driving around Melaka Raya I saw a newly open cafe. The signboard of the cafe attracted my attention because it was special. Even the name is kind of special to begin with. My friend told me that the cafe had opened for about 3 months now. I heard that this cafe is open by 3 young Malaccan. I decided to give it a try a few days after that. They have an outlet at Batu Berendam area and Subang Jaya,Selangor too.




The restaurant is spacious as it has tables at the outside compound which is open air. The decorations in the interior of the restaurant are nice and cozy which made me feel very comfortable with the environment. The workers there are mostly foreigners but they are very friendly and polite although a few of them are not very fluent in speaking English.



All of my friends agree with me that the menu looks too plain and not attractive. They should had make a better looking menu to go well with their nice deco. The dishes in the menu are the normal western food dishes that you can get at any western food restaurant except for a dish which is the Oxtail soup.

The Menu

This is the Oxtail soup that I told you about earlier. The soup is being serve in a bread as you can see from the photo. My friend ordered this dish to eat with a plate of plain rice but by the time he finishes his plain rice, the bread had turned soggy and not nice to eat. So, my advice is just order this dish and eat the bread together with the soup which have pieces of meat in it. If not, the bread will be wasted.








 
Orea Milk Shake
Sub Sandwich

I ordered an Oreo milk shake for my drink and a sub sandwich for my food. The milk shake and sandwich did not taste very nice.  Lets put it in words that they tasted okay but just not yet up to the level of nice or delicious but not to the extend of bad taste. The bread of the sandwich is a little hard and the ice that they blend together with the milk shake is not smooth enough and the taste of Oreo is not enough. By the way, the sandwich is serve together with potato wedges.


Carrot juice 




11 inches BBQ Chicken Bonanza Pizza

Me and my friend shared this piece of 11 inches pizza. The toppings of the pizza were enough but the crust is the thin and crispy type of crust. The taste again was just okay. They have 7 inches and 11 inches pizza of three different toppings. My friend ate a 7 inches pizza of another type of toppings but he told me that it does not taste nice. Maybe he did not like the thin and crispy crust as most of us most probably prefer thick and soft dough or bread like crust.


7 inches pizza


Fish and chips


Beef Burger



My friend ordered this beef burger and he told me that the beef patties does not taste so good because it maybe over cook. As you can see the beef burger is also serve together with potato wedges.










Overall: 7/10


Review: This restaurant isn't a bad place to dine in but they surely need to improve a little bit more on their food and drinks then it would be perfect. I give them complement on the environment and decorations. I will visit this shop again in the future to see if there is any improvement and also to try the desserts. They are selling dessert and appetizer too but I did not try them. A newly open restaurant needs to be given time to improve.


Location: The Big Mouth restaurant is situated behind Sinar College. After you drive past Amigo restaurant, you will see it not long after that.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 Commentzz:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for dine in the Big Mouth restaurant, I as F&B Director for the restaurant group and I very sincere to invite u come to our restaurant again because i already do the improvement about the falty matter in ur comment. hoprfully u will give us a chance to serve u better food and polite service. Please do not hesitate to call me at 016-2122253 should you require any clarifications.

Thanks & regards,
Thank you.

Frozen_cloverzz said...

Thank you for taking your time to read my post and I realized the changes that you had done to the menu of the restaurant. Other than that, I also tasted most of your chef's specialties which are delicious and I had posted a new post to re-rate the big mouth restaurant. Thanks.

Post a Comment